.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

BrainStorm

Creating Media of All Kinds

Friday, August 05, 2005

Geeking out!

YES! Made my first MySQL database and queried it via PHP and fixed connection problems and actually extracted some data!

Here are the amazing results:
SOOOO proud of myself (and who wouldn't be? Did you get a gander at that data??). I'd circled around MySQL for several weeks now, trying to find out if there was something easier I could use for web database stuff, but finally took advantage of the long weekend to take the plunge and discovered I didn't need anything simpler. (used this excellent introductory tutorial). I'd been studying JavaScript for the last few weeks, so was pleased to find PHP rather accessible. By Monday, I got close to figuring it all out, but ran into a connection problem, and didn't have time to get back to it until today, but I got in there and DID it. All By Myself.

And now the world is my oyster - ANYTHING is possible. All the ideas in my head can find their way to the screen!

In another minor miracle of technology, my awesome much-utilized digital watch/stopwatch/alarm (aka Watchy), the screen of which had freaked out a week ago, came back to life today. Will make a note that it doesn't like to go in the water anymore... Maybe I can get it to talk to my Palm (aka Palmy), whose screen is also on the blink for some reason...

In less-geeky more-cool but no-less-exciting news, the first rehearsal last week was an amazing experience. Total collaborative and creative process. We improvised some back story and I was actually moved to tears by these two women adding weight to the characters I had created...

1 Comments:

At 8:55 p.m., August 05, 2005, Blogger Ariel Gordon said...

Why moomoo and booboo and then gogo? Why not googoo?

I'm confused.

(but not as confused as if I understood what you were talking about...)

(okay, I understand a little of what you're talking about...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home