.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

BrainStorm

Creating Media of All Kinds

Friday, October 14, 2005

the first cut is the deepest

Day one of editing! So far just organizing and circling the footage and sound clips, but now am in a position to really dig in this weekend. I've got my scenes broken up in order - the story is all there! Now the fun begins - choosing among the takes, and figuring out which angles to use for which moments, etc. I need to sync the sound to the footage before I start chopping further, but I think I will make a first pass at selecting clips without the distraction of sound - just look at the actors faces.

Met with my composer last night, and am very excited about that! She played me a clip of what she has so far, and I was incredibly moved. As in pre-production with the artistic director, actors and DP, the idea that someone would create something new out of my story is just awe-inspiring.

1 Comments:

At 5:55 p.m., October 20, 2005, Blogger Polly said...

Thanks for the interest - should have more to say this weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home