.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

BrainStorm

Creating Media of All Kinds

Thursday, October 20, 2005

One Scene, two speeches and three-day weekend


(1) So I've edited Scene One! One minute thirty seconds - a slow quiet opening so far in this rough cut. Tougher than I thought, but a good section to start with, as it's probably the most straight-forward of all the scenes.

(2) I gave two speeches Tuesday. One was an information session on copyright for grad students at the University. I went in wishing I knew more, as I'm still learning about the area, esp. in Canadian Law, which could be changing soon, not necessarily for the better. The good news is I had a guy from the legal office there, and administrators there to justify campus policies so I didn't have to!

The other speech was the third round of a speech contest for Toastmasters. Yes, it's true. It succeeded in my goal of pushing my public speaking comfort level by being in a contest, and attempting to make people laugh, rather than just giving a straight-up speech. The topic was "How to Watch Sports" and one thing I learned giving the speech is that not everyone is as big sports fans as my household! Stunner! I came in third (of 8, not 4!), but more importantly, enjoyed myself on stage. I even made some of the old ladies laugh. And it's helped with my grieving process re: the Yankees' early exit.

(3) I'm taking tomorrow off and dedicating the next three days to editing, as I need a rough cut by November 1 to submit as support material with my application for Video Pool's New Artist/New Media fund. Have a fun idea for that to propose. Would be another great opportunity to get training while creating an actual decent-quality work.

Will also be taking in some of the Send & Receive Festival. If you're in Winnipeg, check it out - some cutting-edge sound/video stuff...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home