.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

BrainStorm

Creating Media of All Kinds

Saturday, June 23, 2007

New Job!



After lots of knocking on doors and going for coffee, I've landed my first production job. I'm associate producing a travel show called Bump! for OUTtv. Obviously the focus is gay & lesbian travellers! (a festive beginning as it's Pride week here in Toronto and our office is right in the heart of things!)

I've put in my first week and already learned that my personality and skills are well suited to production work. Collecting and organizing all kinds of information, putting it into useful formats, getting in touch with people and bringing them on board, problem-solving, finding alternatives...

And getting to be creative! As the person who researches the cities, I get to shape the skeleton of the show, then flesh it out as I learn more and talk to people, and work with my producer. There is writing involved as well, but it has to be ego-less, as the hosts may completely ignore my script! After we've shot some more episodes, I'll have the opportunity to see how the original concepts fare in the field and then back in the editing suite.

I'm excited to learn all I can about producing, and my producer has promised to give me all the opportunities she can to learn and try my hand at as many aspects of the producing side of things as possible. So it should be an interesting, fun, and challenging season.

I only wish I got to travel with the team!

4 Comments:

At 4:47 p.m., June 24, 2007, Blogger Dai said...

congrats

 
At 7:18 a.m., June 25, 2007, Blogger Polly said...

Thanks dude!

 
At 10:26 a.m., June 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!

 
At 10:37 a.m., July 02, 2007, Blogger Zoe (mother?) said...

you are a ROCK STAR!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home