.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

BrainStorm

Creating Media of All Kinds

Friday, April 27, 2007

Going to Banff!


I found out yesterday that I'm definitely going to the Banff World Television Festival in June. I got a fellowship from CTV. Thank you CTV! I've been hearing amazing things about the networking opportunities there for the last 2 years, so I'm very excited to be going. I'll be taking ideas for two drama series and a couple of lifestyle shows, but I'm also just excited to hear and possibly meet panelists including Rob Thomas (Veronica Mars creator), Jenji Kohan (Weeds creator), Ben Silverman, (Exec Producer of Ugly Betty), and Greg Daniels (Exec Producer of The Office).

In other, but possibly related, news, while I'm sad that Falcon Beach got cancelled, this opens the door to me, or one of the other 3 writers originally from Winnipeg at this year's CFC!, or possibly, conceivably someone else, to bring a great show to the 'Peg!

4 Comments:

At 9:43 a.m., April 30, 2007, Blogger Ariel Gordon said...

Yay Polly! What a g-d dynamo you are!

 
At 12:48 p.m., April 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Formidable, Mme Washburn! I've heard wonderful things about the festival - make them remember you, ma belle ; -)

 
At 9:42 p.m., April 30, 2007, Blogger Polly said...

Thanks, ladies! Hmm, make them remember me... Should I dress as my favorite television character? Wonder Woman?

 
At 11:05 p.m., April 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm...uh...well..let's leave that one open for now, shall we? you ever consider a hat, maybe?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home