.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

BrainStorm

Creating Media of All Kinds

Friday, December 01, 2006

11 Hours

That's how long we spent in the writing room yesterday. A record for us - we had to get through day two of notes on our second draft so that we can turn around a third draft by Sunday for a table read next week. Really looking forward to that - hearing our words through actors' mouths. And we've got some excellent Toronto actors coming in! Major bonus of being at the CFC!

It's been a very busy couple of weeks:
- Revised a five page pitch document for one of my original series; and based on feedback of another idea (basically "This will never fly") created a new show and wrote a five page pitch doc for it too.

- Got feedback on the first draft of our miniseries. It was intense to say the least! We were given plenty to change, but since my partner and I have hour four, we got our last notes on Friday afternoon with a Monday due date. Luckily my sister, a talented actor, was in town, so she helped me by doing a table read of my edited half hour and gave me a lot of great ideas to integrate. Nothing like hearing your work read aloud to let you know what's not working!

- Was given guidance on which series to move forward with, and got encouragement on what I want to do and how to take it forward. I've started outlining the pilot, which I'll be drafting during our December break.

- Met writers and creators from four different shows. Took lots of notes! Very interesting to see that while there are many routes to finding work, they are finite and all involve working hard, meeting people and keeping an open mind. One thing I opened my mind to, was the idea of writing an animated show...

- Had a session on pitching, which will come in handy as we begin pitching our series ideas.

So plenty of writing to do this weekend... But that's what I'm here to do!!

3 Comments:

At 3:15 p.m., December 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... I think I am exhausted just reading all that :) Your drive, passion and enthusiasm amazes me! Sending you lots of positive energy to keep at it!!!
Hugs,
Tracy

 
At 3:48 p.m., December 04, 2006, Blogger Polly said...

Thanks Trace! I see you're keeping busy too so right back atcha!

 
At 12:17 p.m., December 12, 2006, Blogger Ariel Gordon said...

Yay Polly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home