.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

BrainStorm

Creating Media of All Kinds

Monday, July 31, 2006

Writing for the Other Screen

I've got plans for September!

I've been accepted into the Canadian Film Centre's Prime Time Television Programme. I'll be working with Barbara Samuels (North of 60, E.N.G.) and about 7 other participants. An amazing opportunity to get first-hand experience with collaborative screenwriting, to develop my own television story ideas, and to meet and pitch to industry reps.

I'm due to be in Toronto by September 18, so have a few things to do in the next 6 weeks: wrap up my film and edit at least a decent first cut, and finish research at the Manitoba and Hudson Bay Archives for my MAC grant screenplay. And of course apply for scholarships and funding to help me afford 6 months of living in Toronto!

Thanks to everyone who supported me during the intense application and interview process!

5 Comments:

At 9:34 a.m., August 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! I'm eagerly awaiting new posts.

Sonia

 
At 5:31 p.m., August 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! Can I come too... I can make myself really little and then I am sure we can squeeze me in somewhere heheh! Congrats!

 
At 9:18 a.m., August 08, 2006, Blogger Polly said...

Thanks you two!

Tracy, how 'bout I'll try to "bring you with me" when I get a show that you can star in?!

 
At 11:30 a.m., August 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Polly:

Just how many blogs do you run, anyhoo? Great stuff. I could never be as diligent with a blog as you and Ariel, I'd be somewhat worse than Perry.

Congrats on Rave Review and the 6-month program in TO... are we gonna lose you to Hogtown? Say it ain't so.

I have no blog, but you can see what I'm up to (sort of) at good ol' Lögberg-Heimskringla...

Cheers,

David

 
At 7:04 a.m., September 01, 2006, Blogger Polly said...

Thanks David! I would love to bring a show back to the 'Peg! We'll see what the future holds!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home