.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

BrainStorm

Creating Media of All Kinds

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Opening Night

Tonight was the opening night of the Winnipeg International Film Festival - the first festival I am attending as a participating filmmaker! The reception at the Fairmont was fun (good veggie snackies) and I got to meet some people in person I only knew by name.

Rode over to the opening night film in a limo (!) with attendees from Atlanta, Los Angeles and Chicago - I'm very much in the minority as a local! Enjoyed The Big White - nice fun work by Williams and Hunter and excellent performance by Giovanni Ribisi. Disappointed that it won't have a theatrical release - add it to your NetFlix list!

Very fun to see my name in the program and on the website. Certainly at the least, this is inspiring me to send out to some more festivals and get my dvds and postcards finished, etc.

Skipped the shorts tonight as I'm still wiped out from travelling, but hope to catch a lot of the next three days. It's tough because I've been spoiled by NSI FilmExchange, where you don't have to choose between simultaneous screenings. But very impressive range of films for a festival that's only 2 years old!

1 Comments:

At 12:16 a.m., June 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LIMO?!?! sigh...us actors are just secondary, aren't we : -(
ohhh you Big City Directors!!

(just ann)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home