.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

BrainStorm

Creating Media of All Kinds

Friday, May 12, 2006

Writing Weekend

Last weekend was an editing weekend, taking all the recordings from the They Came at Night monologue readings and piecing them together. I'm fairly pleased with the result, though I was quite stressed in the 11th hour when I couldn't get the project to dvd to take to the screening! I was able to bring something close to my final cut, but had major sympathy for a woman whose technical difficulties prevented her from showing her project. I was very impressed with the footage the other two projects were able to get, and it was fun to do a Q&A after my film. We're thinking we might put together a compilation DVD, but in the meantime I'll post it on my vlog sometime soon.

But this weekend I should be focusing on writing. I'm completing the translation of my action adventure novel (Into This Wilderness, completed about 3 years ago), to screenplay format. I've decided to apply to the Canadian Film Centre's television writing program, and would like to have a feature to submit as my writing sample, rather than a 10 page short. The best part of applying is that I also need to submit a spec script for a current show. So I'm putting together something for my beloved Lost. Again, something I've been wanting to try for a while, but this application packet gives me the motivation to finish! Entry to the program is super-competitive, but I figured it was time to try for something along these lines.

I did select my actors, and I'm very pleased - think they'll all work well together. Will say more about them soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home