.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

BrainStorm

Creating Media of All Kinds

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Big Day


Took my Canadian Citizenship test today! I studied hard (so I know for example the maple-leaf flag was officially introduced on February 15, 1965, presumably accompanied by maple syrup), but was still nervous. I had to stand in line to check in, and that was pretty emotional - to be part of this group of people of all ethnicities and languages from a variety of countries all waiting like me to Become Canadian. If I didn't accidentally circle some goofy answer (Q: What is the capital of Nunavut? A: Nunavut City?), then I will have the swearing in sometime in the next couple of months.

And I'm extra grateful to Canada these days, because I found out I got funding through the Winnipeg Film Group production fund, supported by the National Film Board, to make my second short (working title = Rave Review). Totally pumped up for that.

I've got Andrew Forbes, my DP from Coffee Maker lined up again, and this time I'm going to have a Production Manager to help me with all the little details that suck up time and energy. Andrew's already spending all our money on lighting that I can't get from the Film Group, but if he can make pictures as beautiful as what we got for Coffee Maker, I'm all in. And it's my own fault for writing in a bar scene and an alley scene. So, gotta put together a casting call, etc. More details coming soon...

But first, a two-day documentary workshop, and then Sunday I'm meeting with other people who expressed interest in getting together in a screenwriting group - been wanting to do that since my writing group folded last year, so I'm psyched to get that going. Some great people interested, so should be good input and scripts coming out of the group!

2 Comments:

At 3:02 p.m., April 05, 2006, Blogger Zoe (mother?) said...

Cheers, Eh!
I know my mom was psyched when she went through the whole process to be come Canadian as well. She was worried she would botch the words to Oh Canada during the ceremony - it's amazing the things that make people nervous. As if you aren't a model citizen already :) Three Cheers for you! March was jam-packed with big things - something in the stars I guess.

 
At 7:22 a.m., April 09, 2006, Blogger Polly said...

Thanks! Went to post a comment on your blog but it's disparu! How am I supposed to track your home-building?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home