.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

BrainStorm

Creating Media of All Kinds

Monday, February 20, 2006

Current Events



I've posted my finished project from the 48-hour film on my
vlog. A fun experience, and it was great to see what other people came up with - a wide range of projects - from fart jokes to murder to a French chanson!

I now know the date for the CBC Poetry Face-off: Tuesday, February 28, at the site formerly known as Academy Bar and Grill, now Bar and Oven (414 Academy). Should be a fun night - the other poets are all great.

The date for Girls! Girls! Girls! has been changed to Sunday March 12 and I believe Ariel will be performing too. She has also apparently signed us up for the Freedom to Read Marathon - an annual tradition.

Ariel and I went to see Zachariah Wells and Lori Cayer read on Saturday. Really enjoyed both their work - especially Wells' imagery of battling cold dark winter. But for the second event in a row, a disappointing crowd. Gotta get some poetry flash mobs happening in Winnipeg!

Tonight I'm going to see Philip Glass - a personal thrill. I'm taking my groovy piano teacher, so it'll be a treat for us both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home