.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

BrainStorm

Creating Media of All Kinds

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Rehearsals



(These are my three actors: Lisa Martin, Daryl Dorge and Robert Kostyra.)

I was starting to feel a bit stressed out about Rave Review (short film shooting next month), but I had two rehearsals this week with my actors and a meeting with my DP, so those have re-energized me for the project. As the writer of the script, I really enjoy hearing how the actors interpret the characters. And I get to remember the important part of my role as director that has nothing to do with organizing details and making decisions: working with the actors to find the True Connections between the characters and the True Expression of their needs/desires/feelings. Awesome, energizing stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home