.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

BrainStorm

Creating Media of All Kinds

Monday, July 24, 2006

Amazing

I'm too pumped up still from my shoot to sleep!

An amazing weekend, though each of the first 3 days seem to have involved a small meltdown
by mid-afternoon, convinced that we're never going to get it all shot. But then we pick back up and charge back through and by the end of the day can say "It was so worth it." Oh my god, some of the footage I got today is so damn H-OT. Cannot WAIT to get it back. The live band (Sons of York) rocked out and I believe won themselves several new fans. I got some extra footage of them and am going to make them a music video, integrating some of the story line from the film.

And a bedroom scene that was by turns beautiful, hilarious and sexay! I loved the moment when we rehearsed a scene and more than one person in the room yelled "that's hot!" Glad to say my casting paid way off - thanks Lisa and Daryl!! You guys rock! Your hard work and dedication to the show mean a lot to me. And thanks for lending us your house Lisa - very brave!

And my crew, I cannot say enough about them. Hope you'll be there for the last bits remaining, but I must thank you now for all that you've done so far.

Andrew - For being so gracious, talented, calm under fire and just Making it Happen.
Shannon - For literally making it happen - you are a supreme professional.
Shelly - For organizing Everything and making it look effortless. There's no way I could have pulled this off without you pulling it all together.
Michelle - For keeping us on track and rising above the call of duty.
Dave - PA/Grip/Xtras Wrangler extraordinaire - thanks for the muscles and great attitude
Samantha - Great job, hope to work with you again!
Kerri - Thanks for keeping our energy up with the delicious food, and pitching in on dragging stuff around!
Brie - Thanks for helping everyone's inner beauty shine through - and getting rid of any extra shine we didn't want!
Arun - great work, and more to come on post!
Dustin and Mark - Thanks for the sweat and putting in the hours
Shallom - way to fill in - hope this is a start of something good for you!
Lauren - Thanks for pitching in wherever needed. Great to have you on set.
Eric - Thanks for the pics!
Jonathan and Andrew2 - thanks for your assistance

Speaking of Extras, thanks to everyone who came out today - greatly appreciated and I hope you enjoy seeing yourself bopping away in the final product. Special thanks to Marjo, Tracy, Heather and J&J for answering my call! Great to have you all on set (again for you first 3).

There's still one more day of shooting, some planned in advanced, and some catching of shots we didn't get to. It was definitely nice to have a back-up date to be able to drop stuff to.

Moments like these I surely remember why I do this. After yesterday, I said something about "on my next show..." and Andrew said "I'm glad to hear there will be another one." Yes, any complaining is totally transient. How could I not know what a grand opportunity I have been afforded by these projects? Thank you Winnipeg Film Group and National Film Board. Kisses to you. And to everyone who has supported me during this somewhat stressful lead-up to shooting.

OK finally sleepy. Good night, WinniPEG!

1 Comments:

At 8:48 p.m., March 02, 2010, Blogger Mark said...

Hey! I remember working on this!
It was my first gig as a PA!
How did it turn out?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home