.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

BrainStorm

Creating Media of All Kinds

Friday, September 01, 2006

Two Chances to See The Coffee Maker

The Coffee Maker has been selected to play at the 13th annual Salon des Refuses in Toronto on September 6. This is a brilliant event organized by LIFT (Toronto Indy Filmmakers group), where they present a selection of Canadian shorts that weren't selected by TIFF. I'm in good company with other films from Wpg Film Group members.

Wish I could see the other films (and attend TIFF, including the CFC's Barbeque dangit), but I won't be in Toronto yet, as I need to wrap stuff up here, including hosting an Evening of Winnipeg Short Films. This is a farewell to Winnipeg (for now) event; a tribute to my fellow filmmakers who took me in and taught me so much (I worked in some fashion on each of the films showing); and a chance to show a few of my own films, including The Coffee Maker. If you can't make the event, virtual tickets and DVDs are also available! My friend Jason has dubbed this a fauxial - faux Winnipeg social. I will provide pickles, but no cold cuts!

I need to post pics from the final day of shooting of Rave Review and will do so this weekend - after my last day at my Day Job! I have a 15 day weekend, then it's time to report to my first day at the CFC! They've warned me to be ready to work 7 days a week, so will try to catch up on sleep before I go, in between catching up on 24 and Galactica...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home