.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

BrainStorm

Creating Media of All Kinds

Monday, February 05, 2007

Transitions

(the view from my new balcony)

Moved into a new apartment over the past week. 11 floors up, centrally located and loving it. I'm a light person, so living in a basement has been tough, though I was and am grateful to have a place to land when I arrived in Toronto, a poor country mouse from Winnipeg, all those months ago...

I'd still love to bring a series back to Winnipeg when I have that power, but in order to continue developing the contacts I'm making at the CFC, it makes the most sense to stay here. It will be fun to discover the city, as I haven't had much opportunity to over the past few months! Haven't been to a single symphony or opera performance, or into a single museum.

But all that will probably still have to wait for another four weeks or so while I finish the program.

In those four weeks, my to-do list includes:
- continue to refine and pitch my pilot for my original series Town and Gown - I'm having a table read tomorrow (yay! Actors!) and meeting with a professional story editor on Friday, so will do at least 2 more drafts
- cast and shoot a "teaser" for the series - a 3-4 minute scene that showcases the series -- and my writing! We'll show them at a special event at the end of the program.
- continue to write my spec scripts, which are L Word (awesome lesbian soap opera) and Ben 10 (brilliant animated kids' show) - diversity, always!
- keep researching producers and broadcasters to figure out who's doing what
- keep talking with agents and see if I can find a good fit
- figure out what to do when I get out!

We had to write a five year business plan, so I have a game plan mapped out in terms of who to contact when, and what I should be working on - I have 2 feature scripts I need to finish as well to round out my portfolio!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home