.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

BrainStorm

Creating Media of All Kinds

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Proud

We had our "graduation" party last night, and showed the "teaser" scenes we shot 2 weekends ago. My scene led off the night, so I was able to relax and enjoy the other 7. The quality of writing and care that went into those teasers was apparent to everyone there. Congratulations to all involved - writers, directors, crew, editors and the CFC staff. A very fun night of shaking hands and (after agents and producers had departed) dancing ensued.

Can I just say how dang proud I am to have had the opportunity to work and learn alongside this group of writers? And hopefully this is only the beginning. I truly believe I saw the future of Canadian (and American) television on that screen.


We still have several meetings this week, but as of Friday we are kicked out of the nest and will have to find ways to keep supporting each other without the structure of the CFC. I know we will make that happen.

But first I will take a much-needed break in Florida for a week, to wipe the slate clean, recuperate and recharge. I'll get to see my dad and sister, and a spring training game or two! While on the beach, I'll re-examine my 5 year plan to see what I want to change. Then I'll come back refreshed and ready to implement my game plan!

4 Comments:

At 10:16 p.m., February 28, 2007, Blogger Ariel Gordon said...

Hey P,

Glad to hear you've been digested (and excreted) by your Toronto screenwriting experience...keep me posted as to your doings, okay?

Yours,

A.

 
At 11:55 a.m., March 10, 2007, Blogger Ravi said...

I think there's an error in this post... you wrote that you were going to Florida, but I know for a fact that you can only go down there when WE'RE down there!

Hope you have/had a well-deserved break!

 
At 6:42 p.m., March 10, 2007, Blogger Polly said...

Pool-time hasn't been the same without you guys, but I now realize we've never gone to the beach in Orlando - what's up with that?

 
At 2:54 p.m., March 15, 2007, Blogger Callaghan said...

P-Dubb, you've been tagged.

If I knew how to put a link in the comments section, I would. But, uh, I don't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home