.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

BrainStorm

Creating Media of All Kinds

Monday, May 21, 2007

How to Stop an Exploding City

Is it a coincidence that the finale of Heroes titled "How to Stop an Exploding Man" (who might take a city with him) airs just as the citizens of Toronto send hundreds and hundreds of firecrackers into the sky?

A spectacle worthy of this metropolis. From my balcony 11 floors up, I literally can't take in all the fireworks in every direction, just as I can never take in all that this town has to offer. But like the city's daily bursts of activity, the cumulative effect is outstanding, inspiring, energizing. A brilliant start to summer! (don't bother me with solstician details...)

Because who celebrates summer's return with more enthusiasm than Canadians? I even spent the weekend at the Lake, like a good Canuck. (thanks Joanna!)

Back to Heroes, I'll need to watch the finale again. For one thing, I thought it was a two-hour event, so was stunned that after 40 minutes it was all converging. It did make me cry, for what that's worth. I don't know what to make of the preview for next year. I will withhold judgment to see what they do with it. Overall, definitely one of my favourite shows of the year. Will have to write a whole post about the season in review, I suppose!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:37 p.m., May 23, 2007, Blogger Dai said...

the brother comes through

 

Post a Comment

<< Home