.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

BrainStorm

Creating Media of All Kinds

Monday, October 31, 2005

Rough Cut is done!

Last night, hit that moment of "This is a stupid story, why would anyone want to watch it, what was I thinking?" Had to just push through it and persevere! Didn't help that I'd forgotten a sequence that I still needed to edit!

But this morning felt calmer and put together all the separate sequences I've been editing. I discovered that my "little 7-8 minute film" currently sits at almost 11 minutes. Oops. I'll have to step back for a few days and see if that's justified! But at least the rough cut is done to use as a sample of my work for this application. Since the fund is for new artists, presumably they won't be expecting perfection (though I am!!)

Understand now the "aaaa--aaand cut". There are these little moments that happen just before and after the official take that can be lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home