.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

BrainStorm

Creating Media of All Kinds

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Remix

Inspired by We Are the Media's "Remixoff 2005", I have remixed the first episode of my friend Ravi Jain's vlog (video blog), Drivetime. He records his ride to work, with a guest on board every week - so far 5 episodes.

Click the image below or this link to see the remix (Quicktime - 1minute 15sec, 7MB).


I'm definitely tempted to start my own vlog to get more experience recording and editing, and just because it seems like a fun thing to do. Will of course provide a link from this space when/if that idea becomes a reality!



5 Comments:

At 6:13 p.m., November 13, 2005, Blogger Ravi said...

I like it!

A good example of honoring the NonCommercial-ShareAlike license.

 
At 6:35 a.m., November 14, 2005, Blogger Steve Garfield said...

That was great, really great!

It encourages me to get going and remix Ravi!

He's very remixable.

I liked how you added a music bed. It really enhances the show.

What are you using to edit?

If it's Final Cut Pro, you could add an audio transition Cross Fade 0dB between the cuts to remove the audio hits between cuts.

 
At 8:28 a.m., November 14, 2005, Blogger Polly said...

Glad you liked it Ravi! I enjoyed giving you an alter-ego. And right, "NonCommercial" - except I'm planning on making a fortune off the sweat of your back-breaking labor!

Thanks for the comment Steve. Yes, Ravi is very mixable. I'll check the audio transitions - I think I may have done that for a few cuts.

 
At 2:13 p.m., November 16, 2005, Blogger Zoe (mother?) said...

hey there!
vlogs are a new frontier for me. i'm still trying to get a handle the whole text thing :)
As per your earlier comment on my blog about posting photos of climbing - indoor gyms are none too pretty and I'm not an exciting climber yet.... maybe when i can do overhangs well.

 
At 8:29 a.m., November 24, 2005, Blogger Josh said...

I love that. It really highlighted some of what's drove me to the original, which is a blast.

I love "can't deviate from my commute."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home